The importance of Tyson's Wells and the Ehrenburg-Prescott Highway would diminish once the La Paz Mining District began to decline during the late 1860s and the early 1870s. Tyson's Wells would eventually be abandoned as railroad service in Arizona Territory became regularized and bypassed the much of the corridor of the Ehrenburg-Prescott Highway. Tyson's Wells would see a revival during 1879 when new mining claims were struck. The revived community around Tyson's Wells would come to be known as "Quartzsite."
Overland transportation through Quartzsite began to reemerge during the early 20th century. The Ehrenburg-Prescott was renamed as the "Sunkist Highway." The Sunkist Highway from Wickenburg west to the Colorado River near Ehrenburg was added to the State Highway System by the Arizona State Highway Commission as part of the original Arizona State Route 74 on September 9, 1927. The original Arizona State Route 74 can be seen passing through Main Street in Quartzsite on the 1927 Arizona State Highway Commission Map.