Skip to main content

Federal Highway 80D in Jalisco


The Zapotlanejo-Lagos de Moreno segment of Federal Highway 80D is 118.91-kilometer Autopista located east of Guadalajara in the Mexican state of Jalisco.  The segment connects from Federal Highway 90D and Federal Highway GUA 10D near Zapotlanejo to Federal Highway 45D near Lagos de Moreno.  Federal Highway 80D acts as continuation of the limited access highways out of the Guadalajara area and an alternate to the surface mainline Federal Highway 80.  




Part 1; the history of Federal Highway 80D from Zapotlanejo to Lagos de Moreno

The Zapotlanejo-Lagos de Moreno segment of Federal Highway 80D was constructed as a tolled Autopista alternative to Federal Highway 80 east of Guadalajara mostly during the early 2000s.  The segment connects from Federal Highway 90D and Federal Highway GUA 10D near Zapotlanejo 118.91 kilometers east to Federal Highway 45D near Lagos de Moreno.  The final segment of Federal Highway 80D between Federal Highway 80 near Loma del Estibo to Federal Highway 45D opened in 2014.  The Zapotlanejo-Lagos de Moreno segment of Federal Highway 80D acts as a continuation of the existing limited access corridors around the Guadalajara area.  



Part 2; a drive on Federal Highway 80D from Federal Highway GUA 10D to Jalisco Route 304

Approaching the eastern terminus of Federal Highway GUA 10D near Zapotlanejo traffic crosses over an interchange with Federal Highway 90D and transitions onto Federal Highway 80D.  Lagos de Moreno and Tepatitlán de Morelos are noted as control cities on Federal Highway 80D.  






The first interchange on eastbound Federal Highway 80D is located at Jalisco Route 301.  The Jalisco Route 301 exit is noted to provide access to Acatic. 










The next exit on eastbound Federal Highway 80D provides access to Tepatitlan de Morelos and Federal Highway 80. 









Immediately east of the Tepatitlán de Morelos exit Federal Highway 80D passes through Caseta de Cobro Tepatitlán.  The toll rate for cars at the plaza is $232 Pesos as of the publication of this blog.  


From the Caseta de Cobro Tepatitlán roadside plaza traffic is advised Lagos de Moreno is 105 kilometers away.  


The next exit on Federal Highway 80D eastbound is located at Jalisco Route 314.  Jalisco Route 314 is signed as access to Arandas.




A mid-grade turnaround can be found on Federal Highway 80D east of Jalisco Route 314. 


The next exit on eastbound Federal Highway 80D provides access to San Miguel el Alto and Valle de Guadalupe.  






The next exit on Federal Highway 80D eastbound is located at Jalisco Route 304 just beyond Caseta de Cobro Jalostotitlan.  The current toll rate at the plaza as the publishing of this blog is $191 Pesos for automobiles.













Part 3; a visit to Santa Ana de Guadalupe

Traffic wishing to access Santa Ana de Guadalupe can access the community by exiting from Federal Highway 80D onto Jalisco Route 304 southbound towards San Miguel el Alto. 


From Jalisco Route 304 southbound traffic can turn east towards Santa Ana de Guadalupe at Arco de Santo Toribio Romo.  


Traffic can follow an unnamed access road into the village of Santa Ana de Guadalupe.  Santo Torbio is used as a control point for the community.  







The village of Santa Ana de Guadalupe has approximately 300 residents and is located in the Municipality of Jalostotitlán.  Santa Ana de Guadalupe is most known as the birthplace of Saint Toribio Romo González in 1900. Saint Toribio Romo González was killed near the town of Tequila on February 25, 1928, during La Guerra Cristera (Cristero War). Saint Toribio Romo González is popular amongst migrants traveling to the United States and in general with Catholic travelers. Tourism to Santa Ana de Guadalupe began to thrive following the canonization of Saint Toribio Romo González in 2000.






























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paper Highways: The Unbuilt New Orleans Bypass (Proposed I-410)

  There are many examples around the United States of proposed freeway corridors in urban areas that never saw the light of day for one reason or another. They all fall somewhere in between the little-known and the infamous and from the mundane to the spectacular. One of the more obscure and interesting examples of such a project is the short-lived idea to construct a southern beltway for the New Orleans metropolitan area in the 1960s and 70s. Greater New Orleans and its surrounding area grew rapidly in the years after World War II, as suburban sprawl encroached on the historically rural downriver parishes around the city. In response to the development of the region’s Westbank and the emergence of communities in St. Charles and St. John the Baptist Parishes as viable suburban communities during this period, regional planners began to consider concepts for new infrastructure projects to serve this growing population.  The idea for a circular freeway around the southern perimeter of t

Hernando de Soto Bridge (Memphis, TN)

The newest of the bridges that span the lower Mississippi River at Memphis, the Hernando de Soto Bridge was completed in 1973 and carries Interstate 40 between downtown Memphis and West Memphis, AR. The bridge’s signature M-shaped superstructure makes it an instantly recognizable landmark in the city and one of the most visually unique bridges on the Mississippi River. As early as 1953, Memphis city planners recommended the construction of a second highway bridge across the Mississippi River to connect the city with West Memphis, AR. The Memphis & Arkansas Bridge had been completed only four years earlier a couple miles downriver from downtown, however it was expected that long-term growth in the metro area would warrant the construction of an additional bridge, the fourth crossing of the Mississippi River to be built at Memphis, in the not-too-distant future. Unlike the previous three Mississippi River bridges to be built the city, the location chosen for this bridge was about two

Memphis & Arkansas Bridge (Memphis, TN)

  Like the expansion of the railroads the previous century, the modernization of the country’s highway infrastructure in the early and mid 20th Century required the construction of new landmark bridges along the lower Mississippi River (and nation-wide for that matter) that would facilitate the expected growth in overall traffic demand in ensuing decades. While this new movement had been anticipated to some extent in the Memphis area with the design of the Harahan Bridge, neither it nor its neighbor the older Frisco Bridge were capable of accommodating the sharp rise in the popularity and demand of the automobile as a mode of cross-river transportation during the Great Depression. As was the case 30 years prior, the solution in the 1940s was to construct a new bridge in the same general location as its predecessors, only this time the bridge would be the first built exclusively for vehicle traffic. This bridge, the Memphis & Arkansas Bridge, was completed in 1949 and was the third